ADOPTED!! Mack

Posted Jan 15, 2011 at 6:49 am in Latest News

MackAdopted!
CongRATulations to the Morgan family!

When Mack’s family In Arkansas moved away and left him behind, luckily it was outdoors where the neighbors could feed and water him to keep him from starving.  When it was obvious that the family was gone for good, animal control came to pick up Mack and discovered that the dog left inside the house was dead.  So Mack is a lucky boy.  He is about 15 pounds, and very solidly built.  His fostermom said “He’s built like a Mack truck!” and that’s how he got his name.  He is very docile and laid back, and not at all hyper or clingy.  Mack is friendly and seems to like everyone. He gets along with all the dogs in his fosterhome, and we think he would be fine with kids, due to his gentle temperament.  Mack is a champion chipmunk chaser!  He is crate trained and housebroken with a doggie door.  Mack is now on the hunt for his forever home! He may be short in stature, but his heart is big, and this little cutie would do well in just about any family or home environment.  For more photos of Mack in his fosterhome, click here:  http://ImageEvent.com/coram/mack

6 comments so far:

1. Alana Tomasso said:

I am very interested in Mack. Our last rat terrier rescue just died on June 1. His name was Jake and his situation was almost identical to Mack’s, he was left outside as well.

posted August 15th, 2010 at 6:14 pm
  2. Cora said:

Hello, Alana! We’d love to have you apply for Mack – or you may write me with any questions you have. My email addy is cora4rats@suddenlink.net

posted August 21st, 2010 at 10:51 am
  3. Teri Micksch said:

Hi Cora,
    I am also very interested in Mack. Lori Ann told me about him but this was the first chance I had to get on and take a look (I am her daughter in law). Shoot me an email!

Teri

posted September 16th, 2010 at 9:50 am
  4. Liza Zandonella said:

Hi Cora,

I live on an 8 acre farm in Southbury, CT and am interested in learning more about Rat Terriers, and possibly meeting one, as I’m considering getting one in the near future. Mack is ADORABLE, and I’m sure he’s already been adopted. If not I’d be interested in applying, but would first like to chat with someone who know about the breed before I do so. I can be reached at lzandonella@yahoo.com

Many thanks, and have a great day,
    Liza

posted December 7th, 2010 at 11:59 am
  5. Denise Fitzsimmons said:

Hi Cora,

Interested in Mack I see this morning he has a pending adoption however and other interests as well. We are in Columbia CT on 8 acres and would be looking for someone just like Mack to fit right in to the family. We hike and bike and run and have 2 other dogs who love to be with us.

Thanks,