Hushpuppy – ADOPTED!!

Posted Sep 8, 2013 at 8:28 pm in Latest News

ADOPTED!!     Hushpuppy is a sweet girl who is ready to find her permanent home.  She is between 1 and 2 years old, and is an active type “A” Rat Terrier.  She is also very beautiful!  She is well-mannered in the house, and is doing wonderfully with her house training.  She is happy and friendly, and would do well in just about any home situation.  She was a bit nervous about being picked up by someone she didn’t know at first, so we would recommend a home with children over 5.  She loves men and women equally, and is friendly and happy to meet visitors in her foster home.  Hushpuppy weighs 13 pounds, and loves to sit in your lap and help you read a book or watch TV.  Keeping your lap warm is her favorite thing in the world!  She seems to be familiar with riding in cars, and does fine on a leash.  Hushpuppy just “turned up” on the doorstep of her foster mom’s house, so we suspect someone knew she would be safe and taken care of.  Hushpuppy gets along with all the dogs in her foster home and especially likes to play with her young foster brother, Chipper.  They run and play until they are both exhausted.  She likes to play with toys, too!  This special little girl will be a great addition to just about any family.  She even loved everyone at the vet!  If you are interested in Hushpuppy, please fill out an application.  We have a feeling she won’t be homeless long.  For more photos of Hushpuppy in her foster home, check her album:
And to see her in action, watch her video:
http://youtu.be/<span style="font-family: Arial;"><span style="color: #2793e6;"><a style="font-size: 13px; line-height: 19px;" href="http://youtu.be/EQGLCB1Nedc" target="_blank">http://youtu.be/EQGLCB1Nedc</a>

5 comments so far:

1. Ines Araujo said:

I love her!!! I submitted my application. She looks just like my baby boy Colita who passed away. I would love to give her a great home!!

posted September 17th, 2013 at 5:10 pm
  2. Diane Lancaster said:

I am very interested in Hushpuppy but have a few questions.
    We live on a farm with livestock. Do you have any idea how she might react with horses , chickens, etc.?
    What is the cost for adoption?

Diane Lancaster

posted October 13th, 2013 at 10:03 pm
  3. Cora said:

Hello, Diane. Hushpuppy does not have a high prey drive, and when other dogs are barking at squirrels, she usually runs the other way. But I don’t have any idea how she would do with chickens, she would probably be afraid of them. Our adoption fee for an adult dog is $175. Cora

posted October 14th, 2013 at 8:30 am
  4. Marge and Clyde Gourley said:

I think that Hushpuppy is beautiful.
    We have a rat terrier who is about 4 years old and a lab/heeler mix that we adopted from a local shelter. These two are best of friends. How is Hushpuppy with other dogs? We live in Ozark, MO and have a large yard which both dogs enjoy.

posted November 13th, 2013 at 2:15 pm
  5. Annette said:

Marge,
    Hushpuppy was playing all day today with a cattle dog. she is also great with all my small dogs. I have found she WILL chase chickens. I have not let her catch one yet but I’m not sure what she would do if she did. She did end up with a mouth full of feathers at one point. that is the 1st time I’ve seen her show any prey drive.

posted November 16th, 2013 at 8:01 pm